.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Determining The Ratio Of Circumference To Diameter Of A Circle :: essays research papers

Determining the balance of Circumference to Diameter of a CircleIn determining the dimension of the circumference to the diam I began bymeasuring the diameter of atomic number 53 of the si objects which contained circles, thenusing a cast, I wrapped the string around the circle and compared the lengthof the string, which measured the circumference, to a meter stick. With thismethod acting I measured all of the six circles. After I had this data, I went back andrechecked the circumference with a tape measure, which allowed me to make a to a greater extentaccurate measure of the objects circumferences by taking away some of the flawthat mymethod of using a string created.After I had the measurements I layed them turn up in a table. The objectsthat I measured were a small flask, a large flask, a tray from a casing, a bundle upof tape, a roll of paper towels, and a spraycan.By dividing the circumference of the circle by the diameter I was ableto calculate the experimental pr oportionality, and I knew that the accept balance was pi.Then I put both symmetrys in the chart.By subtracting the accepted ratio from the experimental you find theerror. Error is the deviation of the experimental ratio from the accepted ratio.After I had the error I could go on to find the percentage error. The equation Iused was, error divided by the accepted ratio times 100. For example, if I tookthe error of the experimental ratio for the paper towels, which was 0.12. I tookthat and divided it by the accepted ratio bad me .03821651. Then I multipliedthat by 100 giving me about 3.14. Using these steps I found the percentage errorfor all of the objects measured.The next step was to graph the results. I was able to do this veryeasily with spreadsheet. I typed in all of my data and the data processor gave me anice scatter block graph. I also make a graph by hand. I set up the scale bytaking the number of blocks up the side of my graph and dividing them by thenumber of blocks a cross. I placed my points on my hand drawn graph. at a time I didthis I drew a line of best pattern because some of the points were off alittle bit due to error.By looking at my graph I can tell that these total are directlyproportional to each other. In this lab it was a good way to learn about error

No comments:

Post a Comment